Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Pause....

Just a pause to reflect...Why do they call it fast food if they make you pull forward and wait? When we were on our Christmas trip East, we pulled up to a Dairy Queen and the conversation went something like this:
Tom, "...and one fried chicken basket." Speaker dealy, "Fried chicken basket?" Tom, "Uh-huh." Speaker dealy, "It will be about 10 minutes on the gravy...." Tom, turns to me, "We don't need gravy do we?" I gave him an emphatic, "No!" Tom (to speaker dealy) "NO GRAVY!!!" Speaker Dealy, "No Gravy?" Tom, "No, just the chicken." So we drive up to the window, paid, they give us drinks and no food and tell us to pull forward. Ok.... We notice several other cars are waiting. Eventually an employee comes out brandishing a massive Blizzard at our window, we shake our heads, not ours. 10 minutes later they bring us our entire meal, including a chicken basket with gravy so hot it would scald you! ;-)

And then tonight Mickey D's did the same trick. Made me pull forward to wait -- I still don't know what for -- nothing I ordered was hot! So, my question is, why call it fast food? Why don't you actually listen to the customers? And why would anyone wait 10 minutes for hot powdered gravy?

I'll just send these answerless questions out into the void....

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This is why I only eat at Chick-Fil-A and Wendy's. Neither of them ever ask you to pull forward and wait. McDonald's is the WORST about that. I never eat at Dairy Queen, because there amazingly no DQ's in the Dallas area.