Sunday, June 8, 2008

As Time Goes By....

I would apologize for not blogging lately, but nobody else that I know seems to be updating their blogs either.....

We had a great, but all too short visit from Mom and Dad this weekend, it was fun and relaxed. They brought "Hobbes the Poodle" with them and he behaved like a model house guest he is welcome back, next time he can bring "Emmy Lou the bird dog". ;-)

Per R and E's fabulous performance on their chore list Mom and Dad's birthday gifts were a parakeet and guinea pig respectively. So we now have Holly (or affectionately known as Mr. Holly to everyone except R) and Pokey. I will post pictures as soon as I find the camera, it is MIA! I had an interesting conversation with R after she was informed that "Holly" is a boy. She insisted that it was a girl because she wanted it to be a girl. Nope. It doesn't work that way, that's God's department. She frumped, but is slowly coming around. He is a cool green and yellow color, a color very difficult to find on a girl parakeet! I just don't know when R will realize the world can't be changed just because she isn't happy....

Things around here are hot and dry. I have just about finished redoing my study, I will also post pics of that soon too. I am thrilled to have an organized place to pay bills (and blog). ;-)

Hope everyone is having a fun beginning to summer, we start Bible school and swim lessons next week and celebrate E's 4th birthday Saturday! Fun stuff!

No comments: