Monday, March 24, 2008

"...a prettyish kind of little wilderness..."

I have this little corner of the yard that I have high hopes for. It is an old flower garden that has fallen into neglect. There are tons of mystery bulbs coming up this year and I am in the process of learning what they are and how to care for them. I can't wait for things to grow and bloom so I can bring my coffee out here in the mornings and sip coffee and look at the plants. I love flowers and gardening. I desperately miss a few plants I had in my old yard. I hope they are doing well!

So here are the before pics. All I have done is started the clean-up efforts:


See my cosy spot to sit and reflect?
Here are some of the bulbs, I know I have iris, cannas, and maybe some hollyhocks....
I am going to reset the stepping stones and my wonderful hubby put up that wooden picket fence for me to keep the dogs out -- They're thrilled.

No comments: