Thursday, August 7, 2008

Caffeine Buzz

I think I should stop drinking caffeine. It has affected me weird since I was expecting Mae. Like tonight, I had a Coke Zero with supper and now here I am typing away when I should be sleeping! Oh, well.

Let's see to update, M's birthday bash was a success. All relatives arrived safely, seemed to enjoy themselves and got safely home. Tom smoked a brisket for the main meal and it was delicious. M loved her birthday cake it was white cake with red letters and strawberries. She very methodically crammed her piece of cake in her mouth and loved every morsel! -- Shameless plug, I love Blue Bell's Strawberries and Homemade Vanilla ice cream. It is the official 1st birthday ice cream of our family!

After the birthday excitement abated we decided to take a "mini-vacation" to one of our local hub-towns last weekend. We got a two-room suite at one of those extended stay places. It was great to have a microwave and a refrigerator in a kitchenette for feeding M. R asked at one point why we weren't cooking in the room and I said we were on vacation. She said, "Oh, so we have to eat out?!?" Exactly. We enjoyed plenty of Chick-fil-A and Pei Wei and had a good time. Although, I must say that R caught a cold on the day we arrived and M wasn't sleeping good due to either getting shots, or teething molars or just being a one-year-old, take your pick. So, I describe the trip as "Fun, but not relaxing". =)

Ah, yes, we are a 2 guinea pig family now with the addition of Shy, "Dottie's sister". She looks just like Dottie in the face so we couldn't just leave her there, now could we? So far she lives up to her name, even after being here for a week and a half now she still dives into her box whenever we walk into the room. I decided "Shy" was a better name than "Terrified". :)

So, never a dull moment around here! I am signing off to play freecell until the sandman finally shows up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mae!! And for the record, Blue Bell Strawberries and Homemade Vanilla is my absolute favorite!!